About Me
- NiNa
- Hi everyone, I guess im gonna tell you guys a lil bit about myself since im new in this school. Im from VIETNAM. I'm nice, but don't mess with me. Skinny but very well fed. Can't dance but love to.. Seem busy but technically only work on the weekends. Talkative but very shy. hahha...ok I lied. I'm not shy either. Know lots of people but have very few friends. Can't always be there for my friends and family, but love them so very much, I hope they know.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
It is cold out there.
As you know, Calgary has a dry climate, but the temperature and climatic conditions can vary from day to day. The weather in Calgary varies quite dramatically and it has been very cold for a few days aready. I am lucky that i dont have to take the Ctrain to school everyday but its still cold for me. Living in Canada, we have to be aware of the weather all the time espeacially winter. I could not imagine that the weather hit -49 on Monday night. It was the coldest one i have ever seen. When i lived in Toronto, the coldest was just -20 and it was terrible. I had heard that calgary weather is awful but this is the first time that i can tell its true. Exposed skin can become frostbitten in as little as 30 seconds when a wind is a factor so i have to wear layer clothing everyday to school that i dont like. I have heard that you should stand up and move around to allow circulation to reach better reach all body parts. Dehydration can occur even when the temperature is below freezing. Hot chocolate is a great way to remain well hydrated. If you follow these things, i think you will make it through this cold weather. All the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How can you write so nice blog? Teach me~
Hi,
How are you? I agree with you that the weather in calgary changes a lot,and make people feel not comfortable. But I hope you can adapt youself to it and happy every day?
Greetings.
Hi Nina
you are right calgary is very cold but it has a lot of sun that you cannot find in other parts of canada. also, it has chinook wind that is only in tha calgary. you chose the best city for winter time
do not worry
Maryam
Post a Comment