About Me

Hi everyone, I guess im gonna tell you guys a lil bit about myself since im new in this school. Im from VIETNAM. I'm nice, but don't mess with me. Skinny but very well fed. Can't dance but love to.. Seem busy but technically only work on the weekends. Talkative but very shy. hahha...ok I lied. I'm not shy either. Know lots of people but have very few friends. Can't always be there for my friends and family, but love them so very much, I hope they know.

Thursday, March 13, 2008




Hi guys. I have not checked my blog for a while and today i have decided to tell you guys how to make Vietnamese salad rolls which is such a popular Vietnamese dish. It is not really difficult to make as many people think.
Depending on what type of rice noodle you get, you might either need to hydrate it in boiling water or just let it soak in hot water. Guess what, that's all the cooking you need!First,to begin assembling the roll, you have to hydrate the Vietnamese Rice Paper in a big pan filled with warm water. If you get the good rice paper, it will only take around 15-20 seconds to fully soften the paper. Second, take out of the pan and place on a plate. I like to put a piece of paper towel on top of the plate to absorb any excess water. Next, place a handful of rice noodle on the rice paper and add your fresh ingredients on top of the rice noodle. When I said shrimp, I don't mean raw shrimp. You can use the cocktail shrimp as these are already cooked.Then, wrap the salad roll as you would wrap a burrito. This is the trickiest part of the assembly. Practice definitely makes perfect so don't be disappointed the first few times when things don't look too pretty. Eventually you'll get the hang of it and you will be ready to serve these to your friends. If you dont want to make it but you want to try to see if its good or not, we have it at the vietnamese restaurant in University cafeteria. Enjoy guys.


3 comments:

Satomi said...

the picture looks sooo nice.
I ve had a spring roll once at the Mchall.i dont know if it s real Vietonamese food but it was very good. i loved it=)

make some and bring them please!haha

Ree said...

That is nice, can you make Vietnamese salad roll as beautiful as that picture? hehe
yeah, I like this kind of food very much and that looks nice~~~~
I wish that I can have a chance to try that!

The Shark said...

Hi Nina
i really have tried this salad with my home stay because the mother for my home stay mother is from Vietnam. it was soooo nice. i hope you invite us one day to try it.